Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On the phone & flustered...

...with the IRS (on hold on cell phone plugged into nearby outlet--battery two years & counting), 3 friends on NPR programs (that one on Fresh Air at 3pm EDT better watch it...grrr), my toof, my toof, Talented Tina Tarnoff tagged me & that's great & it will be fun to do. But then, why is everyone (OK, only three people but still...) on the radio today? (Oh, I'll be quizzed, believe me. And to download a podcast on this machine? Surely you jest.)

Must finish making soup, rice pudding (cracked toof)...but no vanilla-wafer cooking, here: ingredients include ceci, rosewater, spices, herbs..not in both; call evil utility company; re-sign lease; call two friends with birthdays, and and and, etc. If I post something here, now, & get "Tuesday" on page...then all will be, if not well, then calmer. My reporter/deadline training kicking into overdrive (unnecessarily, I might add before you point it out). Deep breath. It's only Tuesday. Must pace self. Must be more like knowing woman on phone above (Vogue 1948 via Jessica at myvintagevogue).

Gotta go...thanks again to The Clever Pup for giulia's geranium! xo. Happy belated birthday to Corine, who's hidden in France. TOT (The other Tina) is zipping around LA in a cherry red Vespa....

2 comments:

corine said...

Thank you!

I listen to NPR on my computer as I work. I've mastered the art of distracting myself from what I should really be doing.

s said...

That was 7 May, now it's 30 September. Thank goodness, I've communicated with Corine lately. I'm a disaster at this comment thing.