Sunday, May 24, 2009

When I Paint My Masterpiece



Oh, the streets of Rome are filled with rubble,
Ancient footprints are everywhere.
You can almost think that you're seein' double
On a cold, dark night on the Spanish Stairs...


...Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.

Happy birthday, Bobby.

full lyric, here

[vintage postcard image by D Sharon Pruitt/pinksherbert photography/for Creative Commons Use by poor people like, uh, nonprofits; Bob credit, here; random personal photographs in collage; someday, I'll find the flattering ones. Must be some sort of undermining thing.]

2 comments:

Tina Tarnoff said...

Are those photos pf you, G.? You are lovely. And, happy belated birthday to Mr. B.
xoxo

Susan said...

I'm only 9, 10 months late. Yes, TT. You're too nice. I look like a ghost. Yikes.