Friday, March 5, 2010

Week's End - Reds


Even though I'm rereading Keats, I have been preoccupied with WWI (& the Russian Revolution). The Sepia Saturday peeps & the Netflix Fairy are to blame. Equally. (Also, cleaning. Because John Reed's Ten Days that Shook the World fell off a shelf & so there you are. Can I blame Warren Beatty, too?) Julie the Cat just purged me from the house finances committee. Uh oh.

[photographs via New York Times & Alt Film guide-www.altfg.com/Clive Coote, uncredited still photographer/
Reds]

5 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Susan
Those photos are adorable.. but I say yes.. blame Warren... Look at how young Jack looks!

Have a great weekend xx Julie

lettuce said...

have managed to avoid cleaning so far this weekend...

anythinggoeshere said...

What a great movie this was. I saw it on the big screen when it came out. And oh the clothes!

The Clever Pup said...

Just catching up.

My son is watching Kielowski's Red for a school report, not Reds.

He loves Annie Hall too. Synchronicity perhaps.

Giulia said...

I love "Red" too. That's next. (Annie Hall-big favorite here, as well).

I'm still sniffing over Reds...& yes to Joan & Julie: the clothes, how lovely they all look...& to me, the message is important. Beatty was emotionally invested in the subject, of course, because of his political activities vs. his artistic responsibilities. Torn, etc. It's something with which I can sympathize (on a much less obvious level:)