Monday, November 15, 2010

O Gattina!


Fussing with the new Giulia Geranium header & colors took a great big bite out of the weekend. Please take a look. I hesitate to say it's finished because that would undermine my as-yet unwritten manifesto on 'things are never finished' (it can get you out of so many jams. And into them, too.). Besides, it's not as though I do this professionally. It's all given me a tremendous headache. Speaking of headaches, of the feline variety....

The carpet above could be mine (same pattern) but mine is currently flecked, nay strewn, with holly berries & bits of sage, rosemary, oregano, & basil from a friend's garden. There are also apples & pears on the carpet. Julie usually goes for all things sparkly so I'm not sure what is up with this vegetal vandalism. That must have been some wild rumpus while I was out walking in lovely autumnal gardens yesterday. The must-do list is woefully lacking "done" ticks & now I have cleaning to do. I'll answer comments & visit people soon. I hope tonight. (A clean carpet via audrey hepburn complex) Update - Tuesday - Or maybe I'll catch up tonight. Oh dear.

PS: Today is the last day to vote for your favorite dress - Shabby Apple Dare to Design Contest. I still haven't decided.

Update - because I can't stand for people not to get a good deal & it's a kitchen sink post: Holiday Vogue Knitting patterns (over 1,300 to choose from) are all $US 2.99/per. Zee email just arrived- here's the link.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose lovely feet/toes are those? Very nice!

Giulia said...

Oh Trina, you pervy foot fetishist. No, I'm teasing. Uh, those tootsies aren't mine. No camera. But the person who took the photo has a nom de camera of Giulia Viola. Totally unplanned.

Emily said...

The cutest tootsies indeed and a blog header to swoon over. The week's starting well!

secretfragileskies said...

love your new blog header- love "necessary" and thanks for the Tate coloring book! oh. and great little stories, too.

simon said...

hey Susan! Thoses Satin Bower birds are also known as Cat birds....do you think there is a link with the behviours?? :o)

Diane said...

I like GG's carousel. very whimsical. Maybe she herself was so pleased she had a herbacious celebration.
Good thing she didn't get herself arrested.

Giulia said...

Vanessa--Thank you. A wonderful person volunteered to do something about GG; I think everyone was sick of looking at my cut n' paste job.

Secret, Fragile Skies--You always say the nicest things. Thank you for all your tips. But that coloring book is fun, right? There's also a New York City Ballet coloring book post earlier in the month. Really fun.

Simon--Oh, is that the catbird of 'in the catbird seat' expression. I wonder. As it is already Tuesday evening & I'm about to drop from exhaustion, I think I'll find out tomorrow night.

Diane--I laughed when I read your comment. It really did look like someone had had too-good a time when we got back. She is now being called Dude! (w/exclamation point).