Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Bastille Day!



...to my French friends & my Francophile friends. Sitting in a café is driving me mad. (Very loud. I need earphones.) I have to keep moving & that means posting no-matter-what. I was out & about yesterday at appts. & could not bear to drag the laptop with me in 100 degree heat (though there was free wifi). Back in my neighborhood (& cooler for the next two days), I am resisting a strong urge to see Midnight in Paris (money, you know). But I can see the theatre from the café's front door. Hmmm.

If you've been thinking about Twitter, please give it a try. If nothing else, it is one more skill/tool to learn. I really love seeing updates in real time around the world. I know it seems nuts if you've not tried it, but I find it comforting to be connected around the world & in my back yard. It can bring you material goods, as well. I recently won the whole line of L'Occitane's wonderful new angelica facial products. More on that (& Twitter) at a later date.

I hate not being able to log on the last three nights & ask "Did anyone hear jets scrambling? and sirens? Was that on the news, in the paper? If so, I didn't see it. Anyone?"

Anyone gets back to you in less than 30 seconds. I like it.

à demain...(ooh..there's an almost-handsome man having a video chat in French not 6 feet from me...hmmm again...*fluffs hair*)

PS: The Eiffel Tower site is really fun & in many languages. There are great ideas for children, games, etc. That third photograph is from an interactive design on the site. I made it for Julie the Cat on a GG post. Pass it on.

(photographs via Eiffel Tower & Martin Soler)

3 comments:

simon said...

whats an "almost handsome" man look like?? I mean do they have "bits" that are handsome and other bits that are less handsome, and other bits that are ugly? eg a 6 pack but a head like dropped pie? or a nice face but a gut like a lump of dropped bread dough, or HUGE feeet or tiny nose.. lol!!!! :o)

Giulia said...

lol

I sent you an email, Simon. I shall work on a definition.

Angie Muresan said...

Congratulations on your win! I tried Twitter a while back (2 years ago) and couldn't stand it.