Thursday, October 13, 2011

Butterfly Questions

I've seen several butterflies the last few days; it's awfully late in the fall for them to be hanging about. Plus, it's quite rainy & windy. I thought they, well, that they went somewhere. I love them & I am frightfully ignorant about them, as it turns out.

Here is a link to
lovely butterfly drawings by Nabokov. And there are a gazillion butterfly earrings, here. Turns out: not my thing. Or maybe what I had in mind is not available. That happens with everything from shoes to bags to clothing. It's in my head but nowhere else.

(photograph by Taesang via Автор)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

do you have the skill/time/inclination to make them yourself?

creative should be born somewhere.

i love dragonflies.

Giulia said...

Good point, Monica. I do have the inclination & could work something up. I'm so scattered lately (well, about 2 yrs:)...but I might. I love dragonflies, too. xo

Katharine said...

Let's see if S. will allow me to say this here. I think you do the same thing with men. Ahem. (They're better in your head than what is readily available here.)

carina said...

'in my head but nowhere else' - happens to me all. the. time.

simon said...

Butterflies and dragonflies are amazing. I wont bore you with the relationship between insects/birds and shifts in climate but its a critical relationship.. thats for sure

Giulia said...

Katharine: I have no problem in letting you say that...but "readily available" ?

Simon: Thanks for enlightening me via email. Explains a lot. Maybe you should do something about that on your blog...

Diane said...

Wow! Love Nabokov's butterflies!

Last weekend there were many monarchs here, the tail end of migration I'm guessing. The tardy butterflies :-)